Welcome to brand new Ask the Fish. Post your questions in different boards to get in touch with CTisus team & Dr. Elliot K. Fishman!
Our old Ask the Fish forum can be still viewed as an archive at https://ctisus.com/redesign-askfish/index.html.
We encourage all the users to register in this new forum to get answers to their questions since the posts in old forum will no longer be reviewed!
Thank you for visiting & looking forward to your feedback!

Author Topic: Standard for Orientation of Scouts and Scans in CT Software  (Read 4431 times)

KReed

• View Profile
Standard for Orientation of Scouts and Scans in CT Software
« on: February 02, 2022, 10:48:18 am »
Hi Dr. Fishman,

Hoping you can assist. I am trying to find a standard for the display of scouts and scans in CT software.

For example, if scanning a prone patient, should the scouts and scan be displayed as if the patient is prone ( right on right) or should they revert to anatomical position. ( left on right).

I have not been able to find any documentation on this. I am not looking for hanging protocols but orientation standards during acquisition and viewing.

Should the scouts and acquisition window show prone but the 2D, 3D, and MPR viewers show anatomical position?

Is there a place where I can find the standard orientation coordinates for the following:

HFS
HFP
FFS
FFP
HFDR
HFDL
FFDR
FFDL

Thank you. I look forward to hearing from you.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2022, 11:28:19 am by KReed »